Please Read Before Adopting A Puppy Or Making Purchases From Garrett County Goldens!
Last updated: Aug 22nd, 2022
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://garrettcogoldens.com website operated by Garrett County Goldens (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By adopting a puppy from us, and/or accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, you may not adopt a puppy or otherwise access the Service.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Information
– Puppy Terms of Service –
- Buyer agrees to have their puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of pick-up date or delivery.
- If the veterinarian should find a debilitating congenital defect, the puppy may be exchanged with a healthy puppy of the same quality and breed from the same litter, if available, or from another litter (when available) providing the dog and its registration papers are returned within 3 business days. Replacement puppies will be mutually agreed upon by both parties. We will work with the buyer to ensure satisfaction, but reserve the right to offer the replacement puppy from different parents.
- All transportation cost is at the expense of the purchaser. The original puppy and registration paperwork must be returned (at the buyer’s expense) to seller before another puppy can be delivered. The buyer will pay for the expense of sending the replacement puppy as well as the crates and kennels used in transportation.
- Buyer must provide us a copy of the paperwork from your veterinarian stating that the puppy has a congenital defect. Our veterinarian will inspect the report, and if he/she concurs, a replacement puppy will be provided. In the event of death, a necropsy must be performed (at the buyer’s expense) by a licensed veterinarian of the seller’s choice to determine the exact cause of death. Accidental or negligent death or injury is not covered by this guarantee.
- Garrett County Goldens, its owners, any employees, and all their collective estate are released from all responsibility and liabilities for any damages, whether incidentally or consequentially caused by this dog, including, but not limited to, physical damage to property or any person(s).
One-Year Health Guarantee
- Within 3 days of adopting your puppy, you must take your pup to a reputable, licensed veterinarian for an exam. If the vet determines, within the three days, that the puppy is critically ill, or has died from injuries or illnesses likely to have been contracted on or before the date of the sale, you can choose one of the have the following options:
- Return the puppy for a full refund.
- Return the puppy for a replacement healthy pup of equal value
- Receive reimbursement for reasonable veterinary fees, not to exceed the original purchase price of the puppy.
- We guarantee for 72 hours only that the puppy is free of contagious diseases. Since the seller no longer controls the environment, there is no guarantee beyond 72 hours for contagious diseases.
- Buyer understands that the puppy is susceptible to contagious diseases, including parvovirus, and agrees to keep all vaccinations and de-worming up to date.
- All puppies are at risk for coccidiosis and kennel cough and should be keep in a clean environment to ensure their safety. Kennel cough is self-limiting, like the common cold, and must run its course. Full recovery is expected, and on its own is not life threatening.
- Certain disorders may be caused by environmental factors, such as, but not limited to, allergies, demodectic mange, thyroid dysfunction, and other auto-immune disorders and will not be covered by this guarantee.
- If buyer discovers a genetic health issue, we will replace the puppy with a canine of similar value or
reimburse no more than the full purchase price, provided the buyer presents proof from their local vet. Buyer understands if a replacement is wanted, seller has up to 1 year to make replacement due to the fact that breeding, gestation and raising puppies takes a certain amount of time.
- We further guarantee the puppy named on this agreement to the original owner against debilitating or life-threatening hereditary/congenital conditions for One Year from DOB, or Two Years with the use of NuVet Supplements. (detailed below)
Due to the varying kinds of food and environmental conditions the puppies come in contact with, we
highly recommend NuVet Plus immune system builder to help pets maintain optimal health. We are
so confident NuVet Plus will benefit your new puppy, we will provide a 2-year health guarantee.
To qualify for the extended 2- year health guarantee, you must give your puppy the manufacturers recommended daily dosage of NuVet Plus for the entire 2-year guaranteed period. Failure to do so will limit health guarantee to 12 months.
Puppy Refund Policy
- Deposit amounts for puppies are non-refundable with some notable exceptions:
- If your puppy becomes sick, dies, or is unavailable for any other reason, you will be given the opportunity to choose another similar puppy from the same or another available litter, or a full refund.
- If you change your mind regarding a puppy after a deposit has been placed, deposits can be “rolled forward” to another puppy or litter, for a period of Six Months from the original deposit date, after which your deposit will expire. The final purchase price will, however, not be rolled forward. For example, if you place a deposit on a puppy that’s on sale, but you change your mind, the final purchase price will be the current price of the new litter or puppy, not the sale price of the original puppy.
Health Guarantee Claims
- Our health guarantee covers the cost of replacing your puppy only. We are not responsible for any associated charges such as, but not limited to, veterinarian fees, mental stress, or legal fees.
- Seller will NOT be responsible for any veterinarian fees incurred in the care of the puppy.
- NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. We offer replacement puppies only.
Additional Kennel Policies
All puppies/upcoming litters are required to have a deposit to hold them for you, or to lock in your position for choosing. Full payment is expected at or before the time the puppy leaves our home. We are required to charge 6% sales tax on all puppies picked up here in Maryland. Puppies delivered outside of KY are not taxed. Final Payments can be made in person via cash, check, or Credit Card. All payments made through credit card, may be subject to an additional 3% processing fee.
All adopted puppies are due to leave once they are eight weeks of age. Local pickup is preferred, but we have ground shipping options available. You will be notified well in advance, to arrange pickup/shipping options. Garrett County Goldens will, if needed, board your chosen puppy past its eight week due date at the applicable daily or weekly boarding rate. (If any)
Pick of the litter
We always retain the right to first pick of every litter, unless expressly noted otherwise.
We do our best to honor gender and color preferences, but availability is not guaranteed.
Pricing is as marked on the website by each puppy/litter. Occasionally, individual puppies within a litter are priced differently, depending on their color/markings. We price our pups based on the current demand, color/markings, and genetics.
All our puppies are sold as Pets, unless otherwise expressly noted. All puppies sold as Pets and used for breeding or show purposes, are NOT covered by our Health Guarantee.
Our puppies all come with AKC registration papers unless otherwise noted. You may, at your expense, register them with AKC or CKC designer breed programs for show purposes, but be aware that our Health Guarantee only covers Pets unless special arrangements are made previously.
To qualify for a puppy, you must:
A) Have adequate food & water for your puppy, & a warm, dry place for sleeping.
B) Have ample room for your puppy to run and exercise.
C) Be committed to the long-term quality care of your dog.
D) Be financially able to cover the costs associated with dog ownership, including vet bills, training, grooming. food, etc.
E) Read and agree to the terms in this Adoption Agreement & Health Guarantee.
Some products sold thru our online store, are affiliate products from Nuvet, Amazon, and/or other merchants.
We receive a small compensation from affiliate links used to purchase products or services. Your price will not be affected.
Affiliate Products Should Not Be Returned To Us And Are Not Eligible For A Refund From Garrett County Goldens.
Instead, you should contact the appropriate retailer or merchant you purchased the product from, for their specific return and refund policies.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled byGarrett County Goldens. Garrett County Goldens has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services.
You further acknowledge and agree that Garrett County Goldens shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please Contact Us.